Friday, January 22, 2021

My Mister with the Sister in the Lister

 Several of you have asked how Quent is this morning, so here's all I know.

He's very comfortable in his own room in the 'new' hospital. No pain so far (= lots of drugs, I presume). I don't think the hospital is new, but a little Google search does return some rather lovely images, so maybe it's been refurbished - or maybe the part he's in is, indeed, new. The nurses are, apparently, very nice.

 Quentin's understanding is that he won't be out till Monday. I made a schoolgirl error and blurted out that the surgeon had told me Saturday or Sunday - so I may have blown the cover of the nurses who've clearly opened their negotiation at Monday. 

Apparently they had to cut his gut as part of the operation so he's not allowed to eat yet. I've told him very firmly that "no food" includes the chocolate the Nicola and Diane brought round and the mince pies that Vicky and Lucy brought round - all of which is a ticking bomb in his overnight bag. He has a habit of making up his own rules around such things. (Like the cranberry juice he was classifying as a pre op 'clear liquid' even though it said no fruit juice). 

Anyway, the summary is that he's fine and sounding bonny. He had a long chat with Oakley about last night's online Explorers session.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wishing Quent a speedy recovery and swift return to mince pies and chocolate. Sure you are an amazing support Helen, as always. Lots of love to you all.

Friday, January 22, 2021 1:41:00 pm  
Blogger Jayne Lewis said...

Lived here for getting on 22 years now and never knew Harpenden was a fire extinguisher super hub – you live and you learn. Round trip to Cov and back yesterday (shopping and my mum's first jab) so plenty of time in the car for those positive vibes. Glad all seems to have gone as well as hoped/expected. Home convalescence care will be top-notch, I have no doubt. Sorry, Helen, my money's on Quent re hospital discharge. Take care all xx

Friday, January 22, 2021 2:45:00 pm  
Blogger scoops said...

Such good news abs am sure Quent will charm the nurses into letting him out as soon as posible where Nurse Helen will be waiting with strict discipline! Oh and Quent I think vodka def counts as clear liquid 😀 take care sacha xx

Friday, January 22, 2021 3:07:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or “Don’t hang about. I’m a Scout. Let me out. That’s the shout.”

Friday, January 22, 2021 7:04:00 pm  
Blogger jenny hailstone said...

Quent doesn't do things the straightforward does he. Hope it using too long before he can wolf down the treats in his bag. Hospital looks very pleasant indeed. Lots of love to you all xxx

Friday, January 22, 2021 7:23:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home