Friday, February 01, 2008

Audience participation

Sorry for the lack of humour in the last post. From the absence of comments, I can see that you, justifiably, appreciate the more light-hearted entries.

Hmm. Light-headed, I can do after another sleepless night, but I will struggle a bit with light-hearted. We might need a bit of audience participation on that one. Quent is looking very much like an IL-2 patient (that's Prof-speak for "terrible") but has just taken his last - tenth - dose. Oakley is also ill. He is missing school and a visit to Jack and Martha's - both of which are highlights in his week. I have a cough and a bad headache. The Webbs are feeling like the Wetts today!

Oakley is very solicitous when he rings. Today he asked how the nurses were doing and told Quent he has drawn a picture of him. "Pink, like you were before you went to hospital". We look forward to that one! In fact, we just look forward to getting home - hopefully tomorrow evening.

Please send all your positive thoughts Quent's way at around 1.45pm today. We don't have a good track record on dose 10. I am considering asking them to call it dose 11, in the way hotels often miss out room 13. But failing that, it's over to you - for good vibes and good jibes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry - 20 mins late in reading the post and sending the extra special vibes... I hope the standard consistant vibes were enough to see you through to double figures!

Love and hankies to all,

Ben

Friday, February 01, 2008 2:08:00 pm  
Blogger Sylvaine said...

Special thoughts went in at 1:45, I'd be cheering you on if I hadn't lost my voice at the football match! (We won, all the shouting was worth it then ;) I checked your latest post too late last night to post a comment but whatever happens with dose10 keep in mind that you'll both be home soon and Quentin will get better.
lots of love, Sylvaine and Panny

Friday, February 01, 2008 2:49:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home