Thursday, May 15, 2014

Dress rehearsal

We're both wondering how we're going to remember the tablet regime. We don't really eat or live to a regular timetable and we both score highly on forgetfulness.

So this week, I've bought some of those pill packs and filled them with various vitamins as a dress rehearsal. We have one set each for companionship and to double our chances of someone remembering! (I should really get a set for Oakley as that would be our best chance.)  As arthritis runs in my family, I've been meaning to take preventative action for ages. Now I have a good reason to make it happen.

So far, Quent is doing pretty well and I'm on a massive fail. Must try harder. We have looked into pill reminder apps and there are a plethora in the app store, so we must get that up and running too. Quent's always happier if there's a gadget involved!

Our main job once out of hospital, will be getting into a tablet rhythm. This may mean life has to slow down a little and be more regimented, at least until we get into the swing of things.



For 'day' read tablet!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have only just started reading this blog Helen and I don't know how you both do it. Hats off to you both for your upbeat comments and sense of humour. It's so encouraging, it really is. I feel like I am going on this journey with you and am thinking of you all the way. Can I suggest for the pill reminder on a daily basis that you set a diary alert on your mobile to go off? I use my diary all the time on my mobile to remind me to take things to school for Harry or to do certain things that day. It certainly reminds me of an awful lot of things that I would have normally forgotten. You can set them for weeks ahead as well as daily. Hope that helps. Rachelle, Mark, Jack and Harry. Xx

Friday, May 16, 2014 12:13:00 pm  
Blogger Jayne Lewis said...

Leave them next to an everyday 'must' e.g. Gin, bottle of red, packet of biscuits, etc. - or indeed something more sensible (water jug, toothpaste...). Helen, I seem to remember you always found a way to make it work! and you certainly remembered if I'd forgotten to do something! Jx

Friday, May 16, 2014 5:22:00 pm  
Anonymous Ben said...

Best wishes for tomorrow. Bryony and I will both be thinking of you both xx

Monday, May 19, 2014 11:19:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home