Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Success!

The operation went well! A couple of tricky bits, but he's through it. It was done laparoscopically, so we still hope to camp this weekend! That said, Quent was very, very groggy when he came back to the ward and said he felt 'battered'.

"Where does it hurt?" "Everywhere".

But that's all normal. Hopefully he'll have a good night and be well on the woad to recovery tomorrow.

Frances (my sister) and Lorna (Quent's sister) held my hand and made the afternoon as enjoyable as an afternoon can be, while someone cuts your husband up!

Lorna has also solved Quent's main concern this morning. She has offered to go to Worksop to collect a table he bought on eBay. He was determined that it WAS a good idea to divert on the way home and would not listen to my protestations about pain and wounds and rushing back to our little boy. Thanks, Lorna.

The first 24 hours are always critical so I will feel better tomorrow night, but I still feel pretty good, drinking my wine chez Anita.


4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Glad it went well, give my love to everyone, and as ever you are all in my thoughts and prayers. Love Alice xxx

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 11:23:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drinking wine, I should think so. Gin on your cornflakes twould be acceptable too! That waiting bit is done, now it's onwards and upwards. Well done both of you J & J xxx

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 11:50:00 pm  
Blogger Michele Visser said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 7:39:00 am  
Blogger Michele Visser said...

Yayyyy thank you Father! Glad it went well; now praying for rapid recovery! Love Michele and Robert xxx

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 8:04:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home