Sunday, February 24, 2008

My husband's no clot

Episode two (see episode one below)..

Quent slept well in hospital. I slept badly at home. Quent was still very grumpy. Frances had been right. They were threatening to keep him in all weekend, ready for a scan on Monday. Quent was threatening to discharge himself.

By mid-morning, Oakley and I decided to go and visit him even though he'd asked us not to. Oakley felt sure he needed an ice-cream. I thought his MP3 collection might improve his patience. The ice-cream was melting fast by the time we found him. Quent was out of bed and answered "I'm not going to be here long enough for that" to everything I asked him. But, good news - they had done the scan. We just needed the results and we could go (with or without drugs, depending on the answer).

The nurse was less than helpful. She glared at Oakley and told him he wasn't allowed to sit on the bed. Given he's just four, was being as good as gold and there was no chair anyway, this seemed rather harsh. Maybe she could go on that learn-to-smile course. She didn't seem to know what was happening with Quent and she certainly didn't seem about to find out.

And then, just when I thought Quent was really going to lose it, Dr Savage appeared. We don't know which Doctor was meant to be looking after Quentin, but we were again very glad to have friends in high places popping in to see us. He checked the scan (which was clear) and sent us home. We still don't know what the pain was, but thankfully it's not a blood clot.

This evening, Quent is still tired. He also seems to be feeling rather cold. But he has no pains in his side - or none he's going to admit to me, anyway! ;o)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
Hope all is well and that Quent is recovering from the recent hospital trip.
Thinking of you all as ever
Claire S x x

Monday, February 25, 2008 10:20:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helen, you're doing a fantastic job and I'm sure your keeping a smile on Quents face. Keep strong we're all thinking of you.

Lots of love
Jules, Jason, Isabella and Claudia
xx

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 12:34:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that Quent was back in hospital hope he's starting to feel a little better and night time is getting a little easier for you Helen. You are brilliant I am hopeless without my sleep I would've probably booked myself a hospital bed for a rest and left Paul to suffer. You think I am joking !!
Anyway it's Mothers Day on Sunday so he'd better buck his ideas up !

Lots of love Janice Paul Holly & Hannah xxxx

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 10:08:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally Mari has set up my new lap top with a direct link to your blog. He was never the most reliable set of jungle drums!! Glad to hear that Oakley is keeping the nurses on their toes tell him to tell the nurses next time they say he cannot sit on Quents bed that he's only got a little bottom that it's clean and there's still space for hers should she chose to be friendly and sit next to him!!!! Would love to pop over and visit just afraid that you wouldn't want me to!! Remember I'm still available for baby sitting!!Take care hugs and kisses to you all xxxx Lu

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 8:13:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phew - I just read the last couple of entries - bit of a scare, but I hope things are improving now.

Speak soon
Jez

Thursday, February 28, 2008 9:25:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello
I can't believe how amazing your nurses and doctors are-that is so reassuring....Most people I know who've had hospital stays have horrendous tales to tell...(Much like your recent quick visit Quent, with the grumpy nurse)
Very relieved that that scare came to nothing. It very much sounds like onwards and upwards.
Warmest thoughts,
Yasmin xx

Thursday, February 28, 2008 12:03:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all is ok now! You're all 3three in my prayers! Michele

Saturday, March 01, 2008 8:48:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home