Saturday, October 28, 2006

Quick update

Quent is enjoying home life. The downside is that he's tired, still on a soups-only diet and his wound remains rather oozy. Sleep is a bit of a hit and miss affair although we had a better night last night.

The upside is that it is wonderful to have him home and I would far rather sleepless nights with him than out for the count on my own. We've found audio CDs very soothing in the early hours.

Oakley is keen to spend as much time as possible with Quent - and is being remarkably gentle with him. We have had a very lazy family day - Oakley could not see any reason to get out of pyjamas and dressing gown if Quent wasn't going to, so I was the only one dressed before lunchtime.

The district nurse came today and spent an age filling out a file full of forms, before changing Quent's dressing. (I'll do the blog if they'll do the blood).

Next update Monday, once we've seen Father Christmas for the pathology report. I am hoping you all have better things to do with your weekend than read the minutiae of a slow but steady recovery, so the rate of my posts will probably slow down for a while.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marius said...

This is my daily read. I don't read the papers, I catch up on important news on my friends! If the blogs slow down, it means that your busy enjoying life, we can identify with that, 'ish.

Sunday, October 29, 2006 10:48:00 am  
Blogger Charles&Carol said...

Hello there (said in a deep Bonzo Dog voice).
It's wonderfull to hear that the news is so up-beat and I love the names of the doctors that you are collecting. I once knew a man called Granville Clutterbuck (and I claim the non-sequitur prize) - but now for a question - how do pills know where to go when you swallow them?
We are constantly thinking of you.
Love Charles & Carol

Monday, November 13, 2006 9:38:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home