Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Up and about

All systems go this morning as Quent dispensed with the hospital gown, the nasal gastric tube and the cathater. He ventured outside his room, had lunch and this afternoon saw Oakley. They had a great time together. We had to get a nurse to tell Oakley to go quietly when we left, to avoid an almighty scene and a 2 year old squatter on the ward.

We are aiming for a release date of Friday but there is a rumour Quent may get parole tomorrow. He is very thin, so my job will be to feed him up gradually. I had better get reading those books I bought at the beginning of the blog!

Thanks to everyone for your patience and continuing support. No calls or visits when he's first home, please as he will be needing lots of sleep (I have been told I must be strict on this). That said, I am sure he will be keen to start seeing people in a week or so's time. Watch this space.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

with best wishes to you all. Good to hear you could be home on friday Quentin.Fish pie (I remember) could be a good start to the build-up!Kind thoughts.

Thursday, October 26, 2006 9:31:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi quent
well this is all a bit of a shock.
you have always said to all of us 'If it doesnt scare you shitless it isnt worth doing' well i bet you and helen have had a great time with this one.
get well soon matey and stop skiving and get back to bograts where you belong.
all our love andy jackie and gang.

Thursday, October 26, 2006 11:36:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Webbs,
Blogs were a mystery to me until last week, technological dinosaur that I am, that does not mean that I have't been thinking of you all.

Quent am so glad to hear you are getting home, I can only dread to think how long your wife's lists are right now and at least getting you home is one big thing to tick off!

All the very best
Love
Clare

Thursday, October 26, 2006 12:06:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With ref. to the newtons' comment,and I have too but somehow I don't seem to have the same clout these days!Delighted you now have your own home comforts Quentin--let's just hope Oakley does not repeat Fri. night's mountaineering exploits and suddenly arrive on your bed
in the night!Cheers!

Thursday, October 26, 2006 6:41:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi all,

Sorry we couldn't meet up Helen, we seem to have a bit of bad luck when it comes to seeing each other! Give my love to Oakley and tell Quentin I am thinking of him. Hannah sends her love to Oakley too.

Praying for you all,
Alice xxxxxxxxx

Friday, October 27, 2006 1:52:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home