Friday, December 01, 2006

All in a day's madness

There I was, 9pm on Friday night, getting excited about our holiday and writing my list of everything that needs doing before we go on Tuesday. It suddenly struck me that Quentin's passport might have run out. We rushed upstairs and thankfully it hasn't.

But it will on Tuesday... The day we fly.

Quent's plan was to fly out as normal - as his passport would still be valid - and then to flash his scar and "plead cancer" on the way back. To be honest, it probably would have worked, but I wasn't too keen on the "what if it doesn't" scenario. The conditions in those detention centres look dubious and I don't want to go back down the wound infection route. It's true that Chiswick is pretty handy for Harmondsworth, but in the end we called the Passport Office and the nice man in Delhi has arranged for us to get a passport done in person on Monday.

Meanwhile Oakley has finally stopped being a girl. It's all very well being a Princess in November but we have opened one advent calendar window and he's spotted an even better chance of glory. As of this evening he is to be addressed as "Baby Jesus". Except of course at passport control, when I will put my foot down.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sylvaine said...

Hello!

We did a premium-one day passport service with passport.gov.uk once for Panny (around 80 pounds iirc), their offices are near Victoria Station in London.
Otherwise once you're in the foreign country you can always find the local british consulate where you should be able to renew it there.
It helps to have with you things like driving license as well as passport, birth certificate, photos and proof of address back in the UK handy - that kind of stuff.
The staff there are usually really friendly (the french ones in London are anyway ;).

We're having christmas at ours with both families this year so we're keeping busy making lists for the next 3 weeks ;)

Have a great time (where are you off to and when are you back?)

We're looking forward to the holiday entry on the blog, all the best to Quentin and "baby Jesus".

Panny and Sylvaine

Saturday, December 02, 2006 9:43:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I haven't written for a while, I don't need to tell you how hectic life gets with two children, three including Paul, two birthdays and school PTA crap to sort out. Anyway just want you to know even if I don't blog as often as I should you are continually in my thoughts, but that's nothing new. Really glad that you are getting away from it all for a while. Have a fab time. Ihere is no doubt that you will conquer this thing as there isn't really an option is there. Lots of love hugs and kisses to you all. Janice Paul H & H xxxxxx

Saturday, December 02, 2006 2:17:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once you've got the passport mayhem over and done with I really hope you can all sit back, relax and enjoy the break. As for not doing the Holland and Barrett stuff - If it works for you keep at it!
Thinking of you all

Jane (Jons sister!)

Sunday, December 03, 2006 10:27:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bon voyage! My brother is conclusive proof you can indeed travel without a passport, having flown back from Marbella this weekend slaughtered, with no shoes, no passport, a letter from the police and a plastic bag for his belongings.Presumably the authorities took one look at bro and thought, yep here's a loon whom we're quite happy to help out of our country...as quickly as possible...I'll try and keep him out of France for the duration. Enjoy, love hotcake xxx

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 1:43:00 am  
Blogger Julia said...

Sorry I haven't written for a while, Christmas is getting closer and everything is getting really hectic. Claudia was an Angel in her school play last week, Jason took the day off work to watch and I cried most of the time as Claudia really was a cute Angel, luckily we've ordered the DVD so I'll be able to watch the bits I missed through streaming eyes. We have Isabella's play next week and she plays a shepherd with a speaking part, I think I may be a dribbling mess by the end of that with tears streaming down my face.

Anyway, I hope your holiday is lovely and relaxing - great to see the photos on the blog.

Lots of love to you all.
Jules, Jason and girls
xxx

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 8:52:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Helen, Quentin and Oakley

I'm pleased to hear that Oakley is enjoying his advent calendar, at least he is in a stable condition!

As you say Helen not the usual Xmas card news. But it seems Quentin is juggling nurses, holidays and your potions with his usual enthusiasm.

Take care and see you all real soon.

Love Clive

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 9:51:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home