Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mrs Bean

Quent's birthday was busy. We did a lovely 7.5m walk together in the morning, ending in the fabulous Cafe in the Park for lunch. Then off to Hemel Hemstead hospital for a cystoscopy for Quent. He has blood in his urine again and they are trying to find out why. It was clear, which rules out bladder cancer and we're still hoping it's something minor.

We went to the Crazy Bear for dinner and rushed home, full of ideas for decorating the spare room - currently a shell with dry linings off and several floorboards up...

One minute I was envisaging the room in full glory, the next I was dangling with my right leg in the dining room and the rest of me upstairs. I persuaded Quent to ring for an ambulance. Never one to exaggerate a medical situation, he told them his wife had fallen over and banged her elbow.

The A&E team at Watford General did not manage to sort out the dislocated shoulder, but the orthopaedic team finally relocated it at 6am, with the help of some "date-rape" style drugs. That seemed a lengthy enough recovery period (try not to dislocate your shoulder; it's really painful), but the broken arm will take even longer to mend. I am typing this with my left hand and cannot drive for six weeks.

Earlier in the week, a rock had shattered my windscreen, while I was driving in the outside lane of the M1- but that's a different episode.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holly molly!

Let us know if we can do anything to help with the coming weekend to releive any stresses/pressure.

One word of warning - Bryony distracted me when I was adding the magic to my chilli at the weekend. It's therefore hotter than the gates of hell! :-S

See you soon and watch out for holes in the floor...

Ben x

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 9:33:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home