Sunday, August 12, 2007

Send three 'n fourpence

(This was written yesterday evening, but there was no internet access, so I couldn't post it)

I was pleased to see that while I had been lining up my reinforcements, the nurses had been doing the same, in the form of Kirsty, the nurse from Critical Care Outreach. She was present when Quent's SATS and blood pressure fell again and it was great to have her and Lorna around. I don't think Lorna felt I had been crying wolf.

Kirsty said they'd have to discuss with the Prof whether to start the next doses on the Critical Care Unit. Predictably, Prof NOS (Nerves of Steel) dismissed this idea as totally unnecessary, but even he was concerned enough to change Quent's doses from every 8 hours (min) to every 12 hours (min).

We'll not be going to the dance, but instead will be taking a very amusing Walk in the Woods with Bill Bryson - via an audio book.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sylvaine said...

"A Walk in the woods" was a funny book, I hope it helped lighten up your day. "A short story about nearly everything" by Bryson also is a lot longer but also incredibly interesting and occasionally hilarious. I'm not sure they do the audio book.

Take good care of yourselves, still thinking of you evreyday guys, hang in there!

Sylvaine and Panny

Sunday, August 12, 2007 10:53:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home