Friday, October 24, 2008

Junior rigor

Oakley has stepped up his prescription. He had a very restless night last night and at one point woke up, crying out "I need an operation".

This morning the Doctor decided antibiotics would probably do the trick - although she was impressed by his 40.2 degree temperature. He even had a little rigor in the night. As his teeth started chattering and he complained of being cold, I explained that in fact he was so hot his body was reacting. (All medical training, thanks to the Christie). He looked at me as if I was mad. "Mum, I don't do this when I am hot, do I?" he replied. Just like his father, who used to say "Just give me another blanket, will you?"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, sorry not to blog for so long. Lovely to see Quent at Nicole's birthday party, great to catch up. Lovely to have you all in Rickmansworth, house looks idyllic. Sorry Oakley's poorly hope he gets better soon. Did ring to see if he wanted to come and play, but I guess you are all so busy. Hope the check up went well for Qeunt.

Love as always the O'Donovan's xxxx

Monday, November 03, 2008 1:01:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya!!
Hope Oakley feels better soon. Give him all of my love. Sorry that you couldn't come to Hannah's party.
Hope the check up was good. We really should meet up soon, but as we are both such busy people it probably will not be for a while!
I have just got back from South Africa, and I miss the sun! England is so cold!
Hope you like your new house. It sounds lovely.

Give my love to everyone, Alicexx

Monday, November 03, 2008 6:08:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home