Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Paphos, not pathos

We had a fantastic half term break in Cyprus with all my family. Sun, sea, sand and...

... silence, as I totally lost my voice. Yes, of course, the perfect holiday for Quent. Actually the perfect holiday for all of us. Oakley had a ball with his cousins, a Doctor gave me an injection in my bottom to get my voice back and Quent read "Old Houses Handbook" cover to cover.

Oakley also practised his flirting - his best line was probably "You remind me of my friend's mother, because she's got lovely skin as well". Even Quent admitted he'd never thought of that one. Lock up your daughters. And your wives.

With Oakley and me both on antibiotics, Quent was the fittest of the family - a fact confirmed yesterday when we went to Manchester for a scan. We are still awaiting the official radiologist's report, but Prof said as far as he can see, the scan is clear.

This is amazing news and, once confirmed, will be the first time since diagnosis that Quent is tumour free. Words cannot describe how exciting that is. But right now we can't afford to slow down, or sit back, or let up, for one day, for one minute, for one second. Hmm. Have I heard that somewhere before?

3 Comments:

Blogger lewis clan said...

you mean you missed the snow?? H, hope you and Oakley are now fit and well. Fingers crossed for the confirmation of the Prof's initial thoughts. Great news.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 12:21:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Standing by for what could be fantastic news... Good to hear you all had a great holiday.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 10:30:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All fingers crossed. And toes. Love Jenny H xxx

Friday, November 07, 2008 6:50:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home