Friday, June 19, 2009

Nature trail.

I have just walked home with Oakley and Anna Sophia, his latest flame. We took a detour past the river (stopping for a paddle), the rabbits (we saw 12) and the canal. Oakley and Anna Sophia (apparently, only "Oaks" is allowed to call her "Anna") chirpily told me they were pretending I wasn't there and that they were a bit older and allowed to walk home alone.

I trailed along behind them, carrying book bags, packed lunch kit and a plethora of discarded feathers, sticks and stones. I am sure Sherpa Tenzing wasn't as sulky, but I had really hoped to be accepted as a one of the adventurers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's a smoothy isn't he. What's he going to be like when he hits his testosterone filled teens?!
Jen H x

Monday, June 22, 2009 4:22:00 pm  
Blogger Julia said...

I know just how you feel Helen. We have a ford at the end of our road and the children often paddle or ride their bikes through it. Mummy must be on car look out duty and nothing more! Hope to see you soon.

Jules, Jason, Isabella & Claudia x

Monday, June 22, 2009 5:33:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home