Saturday, April 04, 2009

First prize

Can you believe it? We entered one daffodil in the Rickmansworth & District Horticultural show and it won! (Section G: Novices' Classes. Daffodil, trumpet one stem, one vase.)

In true Hollywood style, I have to thank the late Mrs Cox (previous house owner, who planted the daffodil), Audrey (who told me what to look for in a prize daffodil), Lorna (who helped me pick it) and Vic (who gave me advice on how to stick it in the vase).

I shall put my winnings (80p) towards the house repair project.

What larks, Pip.

3 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

A trumpet of triumph!! That's a host of golden news... Sorry about the pun, but that is the best I can do this morning!!
Here is wishing you a very happy easter and a quiet easter morning while Oakley looks for all the easter eggs that you have hidden
Grosses bises
Paula
ps what should one look for in a winning daffodil?

Thursday, April 09, 2009 9:00:00 am  
Anonymous Ben said...

I think that this event certainly merits posting a picture of said flower on the blog for us all to admire?

Thursday, April 09, 2009 1:27:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow 80p that's such a lot! I didnt even realise that there were prize winning daffodils!! Mum has also joined the hermitage horticultural society, and won 2nd place in it when she entered her cakes and chutney! It cost 20p entry, ad she only won 25p!!! She says she feels very middle aged! Today is our last day in Paris which is very sad, but I gave had an amazing time. We have done pretty much everything big in Paris. Hope to see you soon, all my love alice x x x x

Thursday, April 09, 2009 1:51:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home