Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Five years on

Quent had another clear scan a few weeks ago and it's now 5 years since the end of his Interleukin-2 treatment. Amazing! I have to pay tribute to him for withstanding the treatment with such courage and good cheer - and then shedding a tear when burying our hamster recently. What a perfect modern man / dad / husband he is. 

After the interleukin-2 there were of course a couple of ops cutting the last bits of cancer from his lungs, so we haven't reached the magical milestone of "5 years cancer free". But it all seems like a long time ago. He's looking good and feeling great.



If you're reading this because you're heading along a similar route, we hope you enjoy the same luck we have.. and the same wonderful care from the medical teams who treat you.




5 Comments:

Blogger Helen and Rob said...

That's great news. Praying it continues that way. xx

Thursday, July 18, 2013 8:06:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fanbloodytastic. I can write your birthday card with ease now.
Love to you all. Sorry about the hamster.
Love Jenny and Tim xxx

Friday, July 19, 2013 8:47:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news indeed. I appreciate you paying tribute after experiencing Bruce go through six cycles of il2. Prof and his team are still focussing on developing better immune therapies and I wish them every success. All the best for a healthy future. I received good news today my mum was discharged from the christie after surgery and treatment for breast cancer. Becky

Friday, July 19, 2013 9:04:00 pm  
Blogger Helen said...

Becky, I've only just caught up with this as we were away over the summer. I'm really pleased your Mum has had successful treatment and really hope that success continues. You are in our thoughts.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 10:24:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your thoughts. I hope you are all well. I have been keeping busy with work. I recently trekked the Sahara desert for the Christie, in memory of Bruce, it was a great experience for a great cause

Wednesday, December 04, 2013 10:05:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home