Wednesday, February 03, 2021

Two weeks on...

I wasn’t sure Quentin should be slipping about in the mud and the water, but we’d had a flood warning call and he felt it had to be investigated. I reassured myself that Ranulph Fiennes ran 7 marathons on 7 continents in 7 days just 3 months after his heart attack, so I can’t be the only wife whose « take it easy » advice is ignored. I did manage to keep him inside on Sunday, the day after he left hospital - and our only snow day this winter.  This brings to mind another recuperation period.

By Tuesday, Quent’s catheter and clips had been removed and I was much more relaxed about our little outing:


I might not be a great nurse, but Quent is a top patient. The antibiotics and the painkillers are finished, the wounds are healing beautifully, he’s swapped surgical stockings for walking socks and he’s working hard at the recommended exercises and diet. 

It’s hard to believe that this time two weeks ago, I was still hoping the op would go ahead!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Quent said...

Hi All, thanks for all your comments & support. I feel very very lucky to have managed to have the op in the middle of the pandemic, when loads of cancer operation have been cancelled in other hospitals all over the UK. Recovery during lockdown means I'm not missing out on too much. Hopefully I should be good to go when lockdown is over. Looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

Wednesday, February 03, 2021 11:20:00 pm  
Blogger Richard Patterson said...

Super news!!

Thursday, February 04, 2021 3:06:00 pm  
Anonymous Julie C and Jase said...

So glad the op did go ahead, looks like you are doing amazingly well Q and that is so you. Sending you big hugs xxx

Friday, February 05, 2021 10:22:00 pm  
Blogger Marius said...

Love it, stay well get stronger for an outing somewhere fun. Get your thinking cap on and don’t tell Helen your thoughts, or we’ll get shot down before booking anything,
Love and Hugs, Tracey, Marius & Family

Sunday, February 07, 2021 10:10:00 am  
Blogger Trish Ferris said...

Hey hun, just checking in to see how you’re getting along, I dare say you’re not doing as you’re told so I’ll chip in with a “take it easy” too.
You really not missing much, so take advantage that we all stuck home and focus on your recovery so when we’re all let out we can enjoy catching up again. In meantime hunker down and take care of your lovely wife and Oakley xx
BW Trish

Tuesday, February 16, 2021 9:03:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home