Thursday, November 02, 2006

In for a pound...

One week since his release and Quent is still making steady progress at home. He is now sleeping better - and is catching up both day and night. He has a good reason. Oakley and I also fall asleep in the middle of the day - I guess youth and old age respectively are our only excuses.

The doctor has put Quent on antibiotics to adopt a "to be sure, to be sure" approach to any wound infection. They seem to be working as Quent feels more comfortable already.

Although I tell him how well he is doing, I do have one complaint. He has put on just one pound in the last week, in spite of eating well and starting out as a size zero. As any girl knows, a pound can go on just THINKING about chocolate, so I am hoping for a more feminine approach to weight gain this coming week. It's true that girls outperform boys in so many ways!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Glad to here Quent is feeling better. I'm sure the weight gain will come. Trouble is, he'll have to spend many years trying to reverse it again.

Quent - take it easy and don't over-do things too soon. It's time to have a long lazy holiday, the likes of which you won't be allowed to have again for a very long time - retirememt perhaps. Make the most of it.

Steve & Liz

Friday, November 03, 2006 10:00:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to hear Quent's back home in the bossom of his family!

As for putting on weight 'Saturday Morning Kitchen' on the TV does it for me! Oooh that lovely food drives me straight to the pantry to knock up all number of culinary delights. Considering my waistline I conclude I must watch alot of 'Saturday Morning Kitchen!' (Damn the BBC & their 3 Series DVD set!).

I look forward to reading of further weight gain.

Loads & Luv

Hugely Pete!

Friday, November 03, 2006 1:26:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having watched Quent put away his fair share of chocolate over the years, I'm sure he'll have very little trouble regaining his form.
Tell him to pretend that the kitchen is the Allied T stationary cupboard. You'll be lost in a sea of Twix wrappers before you know it.

Really pleased to hear that the progress continues.

All the best,

Martyn

Friday, November 03, 2006 4:35:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its great to hear that Quent is on the road to recovery.

Quent, take it easy and milk it for its worth (hell I would, although I would have gone for 'man-flu' myself, but each to their own).

I wish the very best and a speedy recovery.

Regards,
Colin Moore

Friday, November 03, 2006 9:41:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home